Pictured: past and present attendees of the Product Sustainability Round Table (PSRT). Owned and facilitated by Anthesis, the PSRT is a community of cross-industry sustainability experts and thought leaders from companies championing sustainability. Our PSRT clients can access, collaborate and attend online webinars via our dedicated Anthesis Client Network.
No organisation operates in a vacuum and we can all learn from competitors and peers. Benchmarking provides information on leading practices, relative position against competitors and peers, and gaps and opportunities for improvement. Done well, it can inform new products or services, identify vulnerabilities and trends, and improve market resilience and performance. It is a critical input for sustainability strategy development.
We benchmark clients’ sustainability programmes and performance, and that of selected competitors, on a comprehensive set of environmental and social practices. Our approach can also identify gaps in how our client is communicating their sustainability activities. The findings from this exercise will show you where you stack up against the competition, and where your programme can differentiate.
How we do it
- Evaluating sustainability maturity – we have a turnkey benchmarking framework that assesses leading practices across industries and provides valuable insights for defining priorities and setting strategy.
- Defining objectives and criteria – we can customise the benchmarking criteria to meet your specific objectives or areas of focus.
- Identifying comparison groups – we work with you to determine the most applicable benchmark set, considering peers or industry-leading organisations inside and outside your sector.
- Researching best practice – we use desktop research and stakeholder engagement to evaluate benchmark companies against our framework criteria and to identify examples of best practice.
- Distilling the insights – we clearly and concisely summarise our findings so that our clients can quickly understand the takeaways and key insights.
J&J has been a proud member of Product Sustainability Round Table since 2007 and our membership has been a vital component of our product stewardship strategy. It helps us benchmark against other organisations, share best practices, and prepare for emerging trends and issues. The PSRT Leadership Framework has also supported J&J in our path towards more fully institutionalising sustainability across the organisation.
We'd love to hear from you
Anthesis has offices in the U.S., Canada, UK, France, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, Colombia, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East.