“Sustainability is at the very heart of what we do – working with other organisations to develop, manage and promote their social and environmental activities. But this isn’t just a business strategy; each individual at Anthesis is personally committed to sustainability and actively looks for ways to make a difference.”
Stuart McLachlan, CEO
Our Sustainability Policy
We are pleased to present our 2019 global sustainability policy to you.
Anthesis was founded on the belief that commercial success and sustainability go hand in hand, and our own success is no exception. As a global business, we are aware of the impacts we cause on the environment and society through our day-to-day business and interactions with our customers, our supply chain and the wider community. We are committed to managing these impacts and running our business in a responsible, sustainable way.
Transparency is a core value of our organisation and we are keen to communicate our sustainability progress with all our stakeholders.
To ensure a sustainable best-practice approach to business we will:
- Manage our business in a responsible way, operating fairly and transparently, and expect our business partners and suppliers to do the same.
- Comply with all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice, as well as voluntary commitments where appropriate.
- Promote our approach to sustainability within our organisation, empowering every individual to continually look for ways to improve and commit to how we do things from a sustainability perspective and communicate our approach externally; to key stakeholders, partners, suppliers and clients.
- Uphold human rights in our business and encourage our value chain to do the same through adopting best practices as set out in International Standards and Principles like the ILO, Rugge Framework, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Modern Slavery Act.
- Offer the best advice to our customers – helping them to embed a commitment to sustainability into their business, ensuring that project goals are being addressed, and encouraging them to adopt a meaningful approach to sustainability.
- Treat our employees fairly – responsible employment contracts, fair working conditions, opportunities for development, equal opportunities, and protecting their health, safety and wellness.
- Manage and reduce our environmental impacts – maximising energy efficiency, preventing pollution, reducing emissions, choosing environmentally favourable transport options, using all resources wisely, ensuring responsible end-of-life disposal of assets, and protecting the environment and biodiversity.
- Procure goods and services that match our values, and sourcing locally or ethically as much as we can – improving our impacts on the environment and society.
- Invest in and support our community – local, national and international.
- Set targets and regularly monitor, review and report our sustainability performance; and continue to strive to improve based on best practice.
We regularly ask our stakeholders for comment and feedback on our sustainability programme. We work towards our targets over the year and monitor our progress quarterly to make sure that we are meeting them and that we make changes if we are falling short.
ISO 14001: 2015 Certification
Four of our UK offices – Oxford, London, Manchester and Bristol – have environmental management systems (EMS) certified to ISO 14001:2015. The EMS applies to the management of our environmental aspects related to ‘the management of Anthesis UK offices in providing sustainability consultancy services to public and private organisations.
Stuart McLachlan, CEO