“ Sustainability is at the very heart of what we do – working with other organisations to develop, manage and promote their social and environmental activities. But this isn’t just a business strategy; each individual at Anthesis is personally committed to sustainability and actively looks for ways to make a difference.“
We are pleased to present our 2022 sustainability policy.
As the world’s largest group of dedicated sustainability experts, we are aware of our organisation’s impacts on an environmental and societal level.
As a fully certified B Corp™ we are legally bound to manage these impacts, for the benefit of all our stakeholders – our employees, our clients, our suppliers, our shareholders – and of course, for society and the environment at large.
Transparency is a core value of our organisation, and we are committed to openly communicating our sustainability progress with all our stakeholders.
Both our UK business and Anthesis Lavola have an environmental management system (EMS) certified to ISO 14001:2015. The EMS applies to the management of our environmental aspects related to the management of Anthesis offices in providing sustainability consultancy services to public and private organisations.
UNGC Membership & Reporting
Our UK business and Anthesis Lavola are members of the UNGC. We produce an annual Communication on Progress (CoP) report to monitor our commitment to the UNGC principles.
To ensure a sustainable best-practice approach, we:
- Report our performance against our Corporate Responsibility objectives and targets aligned to our environmental and social commitments as a fully certified B Corp™. We also support other organisations with the accreditation process to become a B Corp.
- Align our goals and targets with the UN SDGs and UN Global Compact’s (UNGC) ten principles. Our UK business and Anthesis Lavola are members of the UNGC.
- Regularly monitor progress against our targets; our Global Corporate Responsibility Steering Committee track progress in bi-monthly meetings and review our targets annually to ensure we are addressing the improvement areas identified from our B Corp™ assessment.
- Manage our business in a responsible way, operating fairly and transparently, and expect our business partners and supply chain to do the same.
- Comply with all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice, as well as voluntary commitments where appropriate.
- Promote our unique approach to sustainability; the Anthesis Spirit. We empower every individual to continually look for ways to improve and commit to how we do things from a sustainability perspective and communicate our approach externally, to our key stakeholders.
- Uphold human rights in our business and encourage our supply chain to do the same by adopting best practices as set out in International Standards and Principles such as the International Labour Organisation (ILO), Rugge Framework, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Modern Slavery Act.
- Activate sustainable performance with our clients through the Activator Agenda to drive our impact, and that of our clients, during the Decisive Decade. This approach will help our clients embed a commitment to sustainability into their business, ensuring that project goals are being addressed and encouraging them to unlock a sustainable future.
- Treat our employees fairly – fair working conditions, opportunities for development, equal opportunities, and protecting their health, safety and wellness.
- Manage and reduce our environmental impacts by setting net-zero ambitions, maximising energy efficiency, preventing pollution, reducing emissions, choosing environmentally favourable transport options, using all resources wisely, ensuring responsible end-of-life disposal of assets, minimising homeworking impacts, and protecting the environment and biodiversity.
- Procure goods and services that match our values, and source locally or ethically as much as we can to reduce our impacts on the environment and society.
- Invest in and support our communities – local, national and international.
Chief Sustainability Officer & Executive Director