RiskHorizon, created by Anthesis, is a purpose made tool for use in the EDD process. It is specifically aimed at helping our clients identify the material ESG risks and opportunities in the early stages of an EDD assessment. RiskHorizon links early screening across a range of legacy and future risks scenarios to model the risk and opportunity landscape.
In an increasingly complex and regulated world, where sustainability issues present both risks and opportunities, environmental due diligence needs a deal-specific approach that addresses both conventional compliance and legacy liabilities, as well as sustainability performance and preparedness for the future.
We deliver full due diligence assessments for both vendors and acquirers. Our offer spans from the “traditional” Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) risk such as contaminated land, across the full range of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues.
How we do it
- Faster and more comprehensive early phase ESG screening assessments, powered by our extensive experience and our software solution RiskHorizon.
- Data room reviews and desk based questionnaire to full on-site EHS audits and investigations.
- Using assessment tools where required, such as RepRisk, Sustainanalytics, CSR Hub, CDP and DJSI.
- Identifying opportunity areas, assessing their feasibility, cost and payback.
- Using Tableau to enhance data visualisation.
- Post acquisition KPI and target setting, and risk abatement.
We wanted the ESG screen as we were keen to understand the definition of ESG and to see the criteria you would be using. We were also interested to see how others would view us through this lens. The Anthesis screen provided us a with a “mirror”. The value to Neste was that it confirmed we are on a right track to addressing ESG issues. It also helped us to identify some potential improvement opportunities, several of which we are working on, and others that warrant further evaluation.
I have worked with Anthesis for many years. They have a depth of ESG understanding and expertise, allowing real analysis and advice on the emerging issues that are becoming increasingly material to our clients. What sets them apart is their willingness and ability to apply this, together with technology solutions, to enhance the quality and speed of their reporting.
We'd love to hear from you
Anthesis has offices in the U.S., Canada, UK, France, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, Colombia, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East.