At Anthesis, we believe that diversity, in all its forms, brings great benefit to our people and to our business. When we engage with different perspectives, backgrounds and skills we make better decisions, we serve our clients well and we enrich our individual and collective experience. Recognising that the diverse talent of our colleagues at all stages of their careers is our greatest strength, we operate on the basis of unity not uniformity, and we cultivate an inclusive & respectful culture that supports all of our employees in fulfilling their potential.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) at Anthesis
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) programme is driven by a global steering committee supported by regional working groups. Our programme has full support at senior leadership and Board level.
Our agenda is guided by feedback from Anthesis colleagues, and underpinned by three primary objectives:
- Maintaining a culture where everyone feels they belong
- Nurturing a more diverse Anthesis
- Driving a gender balance at all levels
Unconscious bias screening – using software that empowers us to make hiring decisions based on skillsets, not CVs – is now a standard part of our recruitment process in North America and the UK. We are working to expand this recruitment initiative across the rest of our global business.
Anthesis is working to build a more diverse talent pipeline, including the development of apprenticeship and internship programmes across our regions. For example, in the UK, we are looking to expand the number of apprenticeships available, and our North America business is participation in the DEI Collective at Johns Hopkins University, a new program to place students from underrepresented groups into internship positions.
Further information will be provided via our careers page when available.VISIT OUR CAREERS PAGE
” Celebrating the diversity of the organisation, and recognising the existence of powerful micro-cultures/identities that people need to also connect to, is a balance that seems rare in growing people businesses “
Nurturing an Inclusive Culture
We take action to ensure that we represent and provide an inclusive space for our diverse workforce.
- Employee networks – We are working to establish global employee-led resource networks to focus on the specific needs and interests of groups of employees, and to create a safe space for and provide support to these groups.
- Celebrating diversity – we run campaigns both globally and regionally throughout the year to celebrate our diversity, build awareness and foster inclusion. Example campaigns include International Women’s Day, Dyslexia Awareness and Black History Month.
- Peer-to-peer learning community – our North America business has established a popular DEI learning community where our employees come together for discussion and shared learning, often focused on a specific book, article or documentary.