We offer a comprehensive range of environmental services throughout the project lifecycle, including feasibility studies, design inputs, obtaining approvals and ensuring environmental compliance.
Anthesis understands the issues associated with designing and developing power and water facilities and our team has extensive experience in undertaking comprehensive baseline investigations and detailed impact assessments to identify the nature and extent of impacts.
We can help to apply abatement and mitigation techniques, ensuring the environmental impacts of a project remain within acceptable limits.
Demand for new power and water capacity in the Middle East region has grown significantly in the past decade, driven by population growth, economic diversification and the continued evolution of renewable technologies and diversification of energy sources.
Power and water projects can often be associated with a range of environmental impacts, particularly emissions to air and the marine environment. Conventional energy generation and desalination also contributes to the global issue of climate change.
Our team can develop Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIAs) in accordance with World Bank Standards and the Equator Principles. We can seamlessly liaise with Export Credit Agencies (ECAs) and Equator Principles Financial Institutions (EPFIs), together with national regulatory authorities, to obtain the relevant approvals and achieve financial close.
Overview of Power and Water Services
We offer a comprehensive range of environmental services throughout the project lifecycle. We provide services to help with feasibility studies, design inputs, obtaining approvals and ensuring environmental compliance.
Our team can support your project in the initial planning stages by offering services that include:
- Site selection studies
- Environmental Due Diligence audits
- Feasibility studies.
Environmental and Social Impact Assessments
We undertake detailed environmental and social baseline studies and impact assessments to support the planning and design process, and as part of regulatory and financial approval processes, including:
- Best available techniques analysis
- Air quality baseline investigations, dispersion modelling and stack height analysis
- Noise baseline investigations and noise modelling
- Marine and terrestrial ecology baseline studies and impact assessment
- Marine modelling including recirculation studies and water quality modelling
- Social engagement and social impact assessments
- Archaeological baseline studies and impact assessments
- Liaison with national regulators and ECAs and EPFIs to obtain approvals and achieve financial close.