In this episode of the Wise Women in Waste podcast series, our podcast hosts are delighted to be joined by Gwen Frost, Head of Innovation & Sustainability at Bristol Waste Company. This episode explores waste prevention, community engagement, sustainable materials and how waste fits in with Bristol City Council’s Net Zero plans.
Inside this podcast
- How to deploy effective community engagement tactics to improve and instil recycling habits in households and businesses.
- How the Municipality’s plans for Net Zero and the Climate Emergency impact on Bristol’s waste management.
- What businesses can do to encourage the recycling of their products and packaging.
- The importance of understanding on the ground collection and recycling systems when selecting material alternatives for products and packaging.
- How the pandemic impacted local recycling trends and waste arisings and how does it change our future?