The benefits of an environmental expert witness:
- We provide impartial, independent opinion founded on subject matter expertise and meticulous attention to detail.
- We advise at all stages of processes, from ‘pre-action’ analysis and strategy to trial.
- We support clients through challenging processes and make complex issues and legislative requirements simple and understandable.
- We combine technical and compliance expertise with an awareness of the legal process and evidential requirements.
- We have supported fair and appropriate outcomes for our clients, including challenging the enforcement route and claimed levels of impact and harm.
- Our experts draw on the knowledge and experience of over 600 sustainability specialists
Anthesis’ global, senior specialists provide independent expert witness services in a broad range of matters concerning resource and waste management and regulation, compliance and environmental impact assessment, and due diligence.
Our recognised experts provide clients with clear and robust expert opinion, grounded in our direct experience in environmental regulation, industry, local authority operations, and government policy. The team is supported by over 700 global sustainability professionals.
Our team of experts can support the following processes:
- Criminal defence and prosecution
- Commercial disputes and insurance claims
- Adjudication, expert determination, and arbitration hearings
- Environmental permit & regulatory compliance checks and site assessments
- Writing Criminal and Civil Procedure Rules compliant expert reports and joint expert statements
- Engagement with regulators and timely advice to avoid escalation of compliance issues and mitigate against prosecution
- Negotiating enforcement undertakings (civil sanctions)
- Proceeds of Crime Act (POCA), quantum, and sentencing hearings
- Assessing the nature, extent, costs, and severity of environmental harm and efficacy of remediation measures
We'd love to hear from you
Anthesis has offices in the U.S., Canada, UK, France, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, Andorra, Finland, Colombia, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East.